How to re-create this recipe:
- 1 Black Radish (washed well)
- 1 Burrata cheese chunk
- large handful of Arugula (about 2 cups worth)
- 1 curly kale leaf
- olive oil for drizzling (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon of Alessi Balsamic reduction (you can purchase this item in most supermarkets) for drizzling
- Salt and black pepper
Putting it together:
- You can make the kale chips ahead of time to have them handy and as a great snack. Preheat an oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash a large curly kale leaf and dry well with paper towel. Tear Kale with your hands into about 1 inch pieces and place them on a parchment or foil lined baking tray. Drizzle olive oil on the pieces (very lightly) and sprinkle a little salt all over. Bake for 10-11 minutes until they shrink and feel crispy.
- While Kale is baking, shave a black radish thinly using a mandoline (you can shave as little or as much as you would like)
- On a round plate place salad in middle and sprinkle salt and black pepper on it. Drizzle salad with olive oil and Alessi Balsamic reduction. Place Black Radish around salad and Burrata on top of salad.
- Once Kale is finished cooking, you can crumble it on top of the Burrata for garnish
Nourishment for your body:
Oh! Where do I begin?! For starters, Kale is considered a superfood. Kale is low in calories, high in fiber, iron, vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and has more calcium then milk! It is filled with powerful antioxidants to help protect against cancer. It is a great anti-inflammatory food which helps fight against asthma, arthritis and auto-immune disease. Black Radish works to purify the body of toxins. It is rich in vitamin B complex, zinc, and phosphorous. Black Radish has been known to rid the skin of acne, pimples and blackheads and creates healthier skin. It also helps to improve digestion, lowers cholesterol and boosts the function of our livers. Arugula is an excellent leafy green to promote your eye health. It is high in vitamin A.
Tips when cooking:
Leftover Black Radish can be added to a sauteed vegetable dish as well as soups. It also stores very well in the fridge for up to several weeks so no need to worry about food spoilage.