How to re-create this recipe:
(Serves 2, Yields 2-2.5 cups of Juice)
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach
- 2 Horse Carrots
- 1 Granny smith Apple
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 2 Lemons
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1/2 of a Large Red Beet or 2 baby Red Beets
Putting it together:
- Rinse all your fruits and vegetables off with cold water.
- Using a sharp knife and cutting board, cut your carrots, celery and English Cucumber into medium sized pieces (about 1-1.5inch long). You do not have to peel any of your vegetables. Cut the gritty base off of your Red Beet and chop the Beet into small chunks. Quarter your Apple and then cut the Quartered slices in half. Set all ingredients aside.
- For the lemons, slice off both sides of the lemon so that you can stand them upright and shave all the sides of the lemon off with your knife. Then Quarter the lemons. If you do not do this, your juice will taste very bitter.
- Using a juicer, juice all the ingredients and then stir the Juice with a spoon or small whisk so that it blends well.
- Pour into a tall glass over ice and enjoy.
Nourishment for your body: Juicing helps the body absorb vitamins and nutrients better. It helps with weight loss, boosts the immune system, detoxifies our bodies, and aids in digestion. Many people have a misconception that they “NEED” or “HAVE TO HAVE” caffeine in the mornings to wake up and get their day started. And before they know it they need to keep the caffeine flowing throughout the day to keep them alert and energized. This is simply not true. Juicing will make you feel just as energized if not more! There is nothing necessarily wrong with coffee, espresso, or however you take your caffeinated beverages, however adding all the creamers and sugars multiple times a day can negatively impact your body. You can feel fatigued, have stomach upset, irritable, bloated and have difficulty sleeping at night, not to mention an increase in your anxiety levels. This post is meant to encourage people to occasionally take a break from their “NEED” for coffee and incorporate healthy habits into their lives.
Tips when cooking: A Juicer machine is one of the best investments you can make as far as your future and your overall health and wellness is concerned. People are willing to spend a lot of money on a lot of different things; electronics, clothing, makeup, shoes, trips, food, concerts. People place a high priority on these things. There is nothing necessarily wrong with any of these things but shouldn’t our health be a priority too? Juicers range in price anywhere from $60.00 to $400.00. The Breville and Omega are reputable brands. Of course you can get creative with what you put in your juice. The fruit and/or vegetable combinations are endless. You can play around with the flavors and create your own juice to your liking.