How to re-create this recipe:
(Yields 6-8 servings)
- 1- 15.5 oz can of Cannellini Beans
- 1-15.5 oz can of Red Kidney Beans
- 1-15.5 oz can of Chickpeas
- 2 Shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp of freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp of freshly chopped Mint
- 1 Tsp of freshly chopped Lemon Thyme
- 1 Tsp of chopped Tarragon
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 1 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 a cup of good quality Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Putting it together:
- Place all the beans in a colander and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear. Place all the beans in a medium sized bowl.
- Finely chop your Shallots and add them to the beans. Finely mince your garlic cloves and place in a small separate bowl. To that bowl add your balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, dijon mustard, salt and black pepper to taste. Whisk in 1/2 a cup of Olive Oil.
- Pour dressing all over your beans and mix together well.
Nourishment for your body: Chickpeas contain a high amount of fiber which will help with digestion, increasing satiety and can help with weight loss. Chickpeas contain complex carbohydrates, helping you to digest slowly while sustaining energy longer. Chickpeas are also packed with a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. Cannellini Beans and Red Kidney beans are just as healthy for you; Both contain high amounts of protein, vitamins , minerals and help to control sugar levels in the blood.
Tips when cooking: This is actually my husband’s recipe and he uses Green Beans as well. Boil about 10-15 beans until cooked through and when they’ve cooled , cut them in half and add them in. For those of you with a seafood allergy, you should omit the Worcestershire because it contains anchovies. This is a wonderful salad to have as a side dish. It also holds up well for several days in the fridge, even though it is tossed in a dressing.