How to re-create this recipe:
- 1 package of Fresh, Whole French cut Green Beans or about 10 oz worth of loose Beans
- Olive Oil for drizzling
- About 1 Tsp of “Mesa Rosa Chipotle” spice blend
Putting it together:
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit and line a large sheet tray with parchment paper. Wash your Greens and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Spread Green Beans on your sheet tray and drizzle a light coat of Olive Oil all over them (About 2 Tsp’s worth).
- Sprinkle about 1 Tsp of the Chipotle spice blend all over them and toss with your hands until evenly distributed.
- Roast at 400 Degrees for 30 minutes, tossing them halfway through cooking, with a set of tongs. Enjoy!
Nourishment for your body: I saw this recipe floating around social media except it Called for Olive Oil, salt , pepper and garlic powder. You can try it that way and I bet it will taste good too. I make this as a side dish or just to have lying around as a finger food/snack. Ever since I made this recipe, I’ve started making it about once a week now and my child likes it too. I think its because the Beans are crispy, sweet and salty. Green Beans are a low-calorie food and provide many key nutrients. Young, tender green beans are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, folate, vitamin K and silicon (needed for healthy bones, skin, and hair).
Tips when Cooking: Any Southwestern Smoky Spice blend you can find will go well in this recipe. The spice blend that I used has a mix of Chipotle Pepper, cumin, coriander, salt and garlic. Do not add salt to the green beans prior to adding the spice blend because your Beans will come out too salty !