How to re-create this recipe:
- 12 Hard-Cooked Eggs (Boil for 10 Minutes)
- 1- 8 Ounce container of Lump Crab Meat
- 6 Large cooked and de-veined Shrimp
- 1/4th cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 Shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp of Tarragon Leaves (finely minced)
- 1 Tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp of Dijon Mustard
Putting it together:
- Boil your eggs and finely Chop and mince your ingredients.
- Cut your Eggs in half length-wise and remove yolks (place them in a small container).
- In a medium sized bowl blend all your ingredients together well until nicely incorporated.
- Using a small spoon, spoon the mixture into the egg white halves. You can garnish with extra herbs such as parsley or a little extra Old Bay Seasoning.
Nourishment for your body: Eggs are a great source of inexpensive protein and more then half of the protein is found in the Egg Whites. Eggs are also a good source of minerals and B-vitamins.
Tips when cooking: I find using a Grapefruit spoon helps to easily pop out the egg yolks. Traditional Deviled Eggs almost always call for mashing the Egg Yolks into the mixture but for this recipe I really wanted to highlight the flavors of the Seafood being used. If you want to use the Egg Yolks for this recipe, simply halve the amount of Crab Meat and Shrimps your using. Also, Eggs vary in size and so you may have to adjust how long you boil them for (either a minute more or less depending on their size). To cool the eggs quickly before peeling, run cold water over them for a few minutes. Refrigerate the Eggs for 1 hour or until ready to serve. There are so many things you can do with leftover egg yolks. You can add them to salads, use them as a spread on toast, etc..