How to re-create this recipe:
- 1 Pound of skinless and boneless Chicken Breasts (I like Murray’s organic chicken)
- 1 Pound of White Asparagus
- Persillade Marinade (see below)
- 1.5 Tsp’s of dried Herbs de Provence
- 3 garlic cloves (finely grated)
- 2 Tbsp’s of finely chopped Tarragon
- 2 Tbsp’s of finely chopped Flat Leaf Italian Parsley
- 2 Tbsp’s of finely chopped Chives
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp of White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus 2 Tsp more)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Putting it together:
- Make your Persillade marinade by grating your garlic cloves and finely chopping all your herbs and putting them in a small round bowl. Add your White Wine Vinegar and whisk in your Olive Oil. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Marinade your Chicken for 2-3 hours.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a small sheet tray with parchment paper. Prep your Asparagus by trimming off 1 inch from the bottoms and peel the outside layer using a vegetable peeler.
- Place them on sheet tray, pour the 2 Tsp’s of Olive Oil on them and the 1.5 Tsp of herbs de Provence. Add some salt and black pepper to taste and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before your asparagus is up, grill your chicken for about 6 minutes on each side .
- Carve your chicken after it’s rested for a few minutes at a 25 degree angle and serve with the asparagus. Enjoy!
Tips when cooking: It is best to marinade your meat for as long as possible. Marinating overnight would be ideal . This would also make a great chicken sandwich. Just like any good steak, letting your chicken rest after cooking allows the meat to redistribute it’s juices. Both Persillade and Herbs De Provence are French herb mixtures that I routinely use and can be used in so many different dishes to enhance flavors significantly. You can buy Herbes De Provence in the dried herbs section of your supermarket. You can make Persillade and seal it in an air tight container in your fridge for weeks on end and just pop it out when ready to use.
Nourishment for your body: White Asparagus contains antioxidants and is loaded with potassium. In case your wondering what sets it apart from green asparagus it’s that it is grown underground, preventing the sunlight from producing chlorophyll in it which gives green asparagus it’s color .