How to re-create this recipe:
- 1 Avocado
- 1 – 8 ounce bag of chunk surimi
- 1 large hothouse tomato
- 1 very small white onion
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- good quality Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp’s of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Snipped herbs for garnish (optional)
Putting it together:
- Score the flesh of the avocado and scoop it out into a medium bowl. Chop up your tomato, finely dice your onion and small dice your cucumbers. Add all those ingredients to the bowl.
- Add in your olive oil (about a tablespoon and a half), the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and stir everything together well.
- Place salad on plates, garnish with your salt, black pepper, surimi chunks and snipped herbs. Enjoy!
Nourishment for your body: Surimi is low in fat and calories. It contains phosphorus which is essential in maintaining healthy teeth and bones (people who are gluten sensitive or with celiac disease should be cautious, as surimi contains starch). It is also high in vitamin B-12 and Selenium. Avocados are renowned to provide your body with healthy fats. They are loaded with vitamins K, C, E, and B ,folate and potassium. They do not contain sodium, cholesterol and are low in saturated fat and high in fiber.
Tips when cooking: I garnished this salad with fennel fronds. You can use chives, parsley, dill , or mint if you don’t have fennel fronds. I absolutely love having surimi in my fridge . It is so versatile and has a long shelf life. I like to snack on it. You can throw it in a soup, stir-fry, casserole. This is one of my favorite go to salads. It is simple, refreshing with bright flavors.