How to re-create this recipe:
- 1 Lb of Yellow Squash sliced into 1/4th Inch rounds
- 8 Ounces of sliced Baby Creamer Potatoes
- 1 Ounce of thinly sliced Garlic Scapes
- 1.5 Ounces of thinly sliced Scallions
- 4 Ounces of pre-sliced Pepper Jack Cheese with Jalapeno and Habanero Peppers
- 8 Ounces of pre-sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- Black Truffle Salt as needed (regular table salt will do)
- Black pepper as needed
- Olive Oil as needed
- Bread crumbs for topping (optional)
Putting it together:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and have a medium sized baking dish handy.
- After rinsing your veggies, slice the yellow squash and potatoes.
- Slice your garlic scapes and scallions.
- Layer your yellow squash across your baking dish, followed by your potatoes. Sprinkle some garlic scapes and scallions over the potatoes. Sprinkle a generous amount of black truffle salt and black pepper.
- Add a layer of Pepper Jack cheese and repeat layering with your yellow squash and potatoes, followed by your mozzarella cheese, making sure to sprinkle salt and pepper over every other layer.
- When you reached the final top layer, sprinkle some bread crumbs over the top, drizzle with some Olive Oil and bake uncovered for about 40 minutes (until the cheese is melted and you can pierce the potatoes without any resistance).
Nourishment for your body: Creamer potatoes are a good source of Vitamin C, fiber (if skin is left on) and are high in potassium. Yellow squash is loaded with vitamins! Vitamins A, B and C. It also contains fiber, magnesium, potassium, iron and folate.
Tips when cooking: You can use Zucchini in place of the yellow squash or in addition to it. I just happened to have Pepper Jack and Mozzarella cheese in my fridge but other great melting cheeses to consider would be Cheddar, Gruyere, Parmesan, or Fontina.