How to re-create this recipe:
- 1 pound ground Lamb
- 1/2 a cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 small yellow onion small diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
Putting it together:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Place the ground lamb in a medium bowl and add all the spices, egg , breadcrumbs, minced garlic, and small diced yellow onion. Mix this all up very well with your hands.
- Form meatballs using your hands (each about 1 tablespoon of mixture, 1 inch in diameter). You should yield about 20 meatballs.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes and plate afterwards using the photo above for some inspiration.
Nourishment for your body: Lamb is a staple meat in Mediterranean cuisine. Grass fed, organic Lamb is healthier, more hygienic, and nourishing then mass produced and processed red meat such as beef. Lamb has better quality protein because beef loses its protein value due to processing. Lamb has an impressive amount of B vitamins. Lambs also need to be grass fed and they have a significant amount of omega 3 to omega 6 ratio which is great for heart health. Although lamb is higher in calories then your average beef, you are getting a better quality protein.
Tips when cooking: Lamb pairs well with a variety of side dishes and sauces. I usually drizzle pomegranate molasses on it and pair it with a side dish of couscous.