How to re-create this recipe:
- 10 oz of Okra
- 1 cup of Instant Polenta Cornmeal
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 whole eggs
Putting it together:
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line 1 baking sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the 2 eggs and set aside.
- In a medium bowl or medium sized rectangular baking dish combine the Instant Polenta Cornmeal, Garlic Powder and Old Bay Seasoning (make sure these ingredients are mixed together well) and set aside.
- Rinse the Okra and cut both sides of each piece of Okra, and then cut each Okra in half.
- Toss the Okra (in small batches) first in the egg batter and with a slotted spoon take them out and transfer them to the dry spice mixture. Coat them evenly and then transfer them to the lined baking sheet tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes (turning them over once after 15 minutes) until crispy and golden brown.
Nourishment for your body:
Okra has almost no saturated fat or cholesterol. It is low in sodium and a great source of protein. It contains vitamins A, C, K, Thiamin and Vitamin B 6. Folate, Calcium, Magnesium and Manganese are some of its other benefits.
Tips when cooking:
To make the Okra less spicy just add less Old Bay Seasoning. Many recipes call for Okra to be added in soups and stews. Some people also grill Okra to add a smoky flavor. You can do some research and see what recipe you find appealing.