How to re-create this recipe:
- 3- 4 Ounce pieces of Halibut Fillets
- 1.5 Tsp of Turmeric Sea Salt
- 6-8 Slices of Golden Beets
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1/2 a cup of Good Quality Olive Oil
For The Honey Ginger Sauce:
- 3 Basil Leaves (Plus 3 more for garnish)
- 1/4 of a cup of Dark honey (such as Amber Honey or Buckwheat Honey)
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 a cup of Walnut Oil
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
Putting it together:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Set up a blender and pre-heat a grill pan.
- Place Halibut Fillets on sheet tray and sprinkle the Turmeric Sea Salt on the top side of the fillets. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes.
- While fish is baking, make your sauce by blending on high the Dark Honey, basil leaves, ginger, and lemon juice. Slowly add the Walnut Oil and Salt and Black pepper to taste.
- When your grill pan is heating up, peel and slice a yellow Beet on a mandoline or using a sharp knife into 1/4th inch slices. Place the slices in a small dish with the olive oil, sprinkle salt and black pepper on them and grill each side of Yellow Beets for about 3 minutes on each side until they are softened and have nice grill marks.
- When your fish is done, layer the beets on a nice serving dish and place fish on top. Pour the sauce on top of each fish and garnish with Basil Leaves.
Nourishment for your body: Turmeric is a spice that gives curry it’s yellow color. It is a a powerful spice because of it’s anti-inflammatory benefits as well as containing antioxidants. Medical research has found that Turmeric may aid in fighting cancer and diabetes . In addition it is helpful for arthritis. Golden Beets are high in vitamins and minerals . They contain good amount of fiber, potassium, iron and folic acid and promote good eye and skin health. Halibut contains B12 vitamin, promoting healthy skin and B6 vitamin, which helps reduce depression and anxiety and improves concentration. Halibut has a very low amount of fat and a high amount of protein. Amber to Dark colored Honey has the highest medicinal and nutritional benefits. Dark Honey acts as an anti-microbial.
Tips when cooking: Beets are such a versatile root vegetable. They can be roasted, baked, pickled or juiced. The little purple flowers that I used as a garnish are Chive blossoms. I love them because they are tasty (the flavor is similar to that of an onion) and make for a beautiful presentation. Chive blossoms are in season right now and may be found at your local farmers market. You can always grow them yourself if you have a garden.Turmeric Sea Salt may not be easy to find but you can always buy Turmeric powder and Sea Salt separately.