How to re-create this recipe:
(Yields 40 cookies)
- 1.5 Cups of room temperature unsalted Butter
- 1/2 a cup of sifted powdered Sugar
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 a cup of pulverized almonds
- 1 Tbsp of Hazelnut flavored extract
Putting it together:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 large sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the soft butter and sugar until it’s creamy looking and ingredients seem well incorporated. Add the Hazelnut extract and mix for 30 more seconds or so.
- Add the all Purpose Flour, continue mixing until the dough just about comes together. Add the almonds and continue to mix for about a minute or so until the dough adheres to itself nicely and sticks together easily.
- Turn the dough out onto a counter that is dusted with some of the powdered sugar. Divide the dough in half and roll it into a log about 6 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
- wrap the cookie dough in plaster wrap and place the logs in the fridge for 30 minutes so they can firm up.
- After 30 minutes, slice the logs into 3/4th inch round slices and place them on the sheet trays, making 4 rows of 5 cookies.
- Bake them for 15 minutes and make sure to place them on a wire rack or clean cool surface to cool afterwards. Enjoy!
Nourishment for your body: Almonds contain an array of important nutrients for our bodies. Just 1 ounce serving of almonds contains 6 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of fiber, healthy types of fat, high amount of vitamin E , Manganese and Magnesium.
Tips when cooking: Toasting the almonds for about 10 minutes in a 300 degree oven before pulverizing them will enhance their flavor. I love making shortbread cookies because they are relatively simple and easy to make, are a crowd pleaser and go great with a cup of tea or coffee. I also love these cookies because I can experiment with different flavor profiles. Instead of using Hazelnut extract, you can consider the following extracts; Orange Blossom, Amaretto, Chocolate, Lavender, Vanilla.