How to re-create this recipe:
- 2 cups of raw Cauliflower Crumbles
- 1 Red Pepper (small diced)
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 3 Shallots sliced thinly
- 4 Garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Furikake Seasoning as a garnish (optional )
- 1.5 Tbsp of Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Lemongrass Stir in paste
- 1 Tsp of Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1/4th Tsp of Fish Sauce
Putting it together:
- Using a stir fry pan or cast iron skillet, pre-heat your Coconut oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and saute for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid scorching the garlic.
- Add your Cauliflower Crumbles and saute on high heat for another 5 minutes or so until the Cauliflower and shallots begins to look like their getting dark and Fried.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until all the flavors meld together.
- Garnish with the Furikake seasoning and enjoy!
Nourishment for your body: Cauliflower is considered a super food. It is rich in Anti-oxidants and considered an anti-inflammatory vegetable. Cauliflower is packed with vitamins C and K and promotes healthy digestion. Research has shown that a diet high in cruciferous vegetables can lower your risk of certain type of cancers.
Tips when cooking: I love making this dish as a healthy alternative to traditional fried rice. Between the condiments and the texture you will hardly notice you are eating Cauliflower instead of rice ! If you like making Asian dishes, these condiments are wonderful additions for really authentic seasoning. Each of them adds a depth of flavor and have a stable long shelf life. Furikake seasoning is a Japanese seasoning blend made with Nori Seaweed, white and black sesame seeds. It is perfect to sprinkle on chicken or seafood. If you cannot find raw cauliflower rice in your grocery store, simply buy a whole head of cauliflower , cut it into florets and pulverize them in a food processor until it reaches the desired size.