How to re-create this recipe:
(Yields 12 truffles)
- 6 Ounces of Ghirardelli Bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 of a cup of Heavy Cream
- 3.5 ounce Marzipan dough (You can find the odense Marzipan in most big chain grocery stores)
- 1/2 a tsp of Godiva Liquor
- 1/4 of a cup of finely chopped pistachio
- 1/4th of a cup of dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4th of a cup of Cinnamon sugar
Putting it together:
- Grate the Marzipan
- Create a double boiler by placing 1 inch of water in a pot and placing a metal bowl on top. On medium heat (don’t let the boiling water come in contact with the bowl), add the chocolate, heavy cream and Marzipan. Stir the mixture constantly with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- After 10 minutes the mixture should be melted, smooth and glossy looking. Remove from the heat and whisk in the Godiva Liquor. Let the bowl cool down for 10 minutes, cover it with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to cool for 2 hours until it firms up.
- Scoop out a heaping teaspoon at a time and roll the ball in the topping of your choice. Enjoy!
Nourishment for your body: Dark Chocolate contains antioxidants, fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese.
Tips when cooking: Marzipan is a candy-like mixture that is made with ground almonds, sugar and egg whites. If you prefer not to use the double boiler method, you can get away with making it on the stove top, melting everything in a small pot. Just make sure to heat up the heavy cream first before you add the rest of your ingredients. This was a fun activity to do with my son and it didn’t take much for him to get engaged quickly with the fudgy chocolate. What is nice about this dessert is that the sky’s the limit with whatever toppings you like. You can get creative and use some other type of nut, cocoa nibs, sprinkles, coconut flakes, Matcha green tea powder. You can spice them up by adding a dash of chili powder to your cocoa powder for some heat and surprise.