How to re-create this recipe:
- 1/2 a Daikon Radish
- 3 Persian Cucumbers
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tbsp’s of fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 a cup of good quality Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Putting it together:
- Using a vegetable peeler, Peel the outside of the Daikon. Using a mandoline, slice the Daikon into 1/4th inch rounds. Stack up the rounds (about 5 at a time) and cut them into matchsticks. Add to a medium bowl.
- Rinse your cucumbers, cut the tips off both ends and then cut the cucumbers in half and slice them into uniform pieces. Add to the same bowl.
- Cut an avocado in half, score the flesh and scoop out the flesh into the same bowl.
- To that bowl add your olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper and toss well so that all the ingredients get coated.
Nourishment for your body: Daikon Radishes are high in vitamin C, potassium, magnesium , copper and phosphorus. And because they are a cruciferous vegetable, they have the potential to protect your body against several medical problems such as cardiovascular problems and reducing your risk of certain types of cancer.
Tips when cooking: Daikon Radishes are native to Asia but also cultivated in European countries. They are incredibly versatile in cooking, as they can be pickled, sauteed , and added to soups or stews. I love eating them raw because of how crispy they are with a refreshing subtle sweet flavor. They are not as overpowering and spicy as other radish varieties.